Costs and Contracts
We are not quantity surveyors. We are Engineers. As professional electrical engineers, we provide the following services:
- Full Tendering Services.
- Engineering Cost Estimates.
- Take-offs and Bills of Quantities.
- Cost Control and Variation Management.
- Contract Advice and Contract Administration.
Our tenders are based on a point cost system. When you ask us to prepare a tender we follow the following steps :
- Review the tender documents.
- Advise you regarding quality and clarity of the Tender Package
- Agree the value of
- Point Costs
- Profit and Markups
- Labour Rates
- Complete a take-off or bill of quantities
- Obtain Supplier Quotations.
- Prepare Tenders.
- Final review with you/ agreement of figures.
- Issue Tender.
- Liaise with engineer / architect / main contractor
Engineering Cost Estimate
If no design is available, we can prepare an engineering cost estimate that you can present to your client for budgeting OR a tender package for the completed works.
Take-offs and Bills of Quantity
We can provide a take-off service and generate materials lists
Cost Control and Variations Management
We can assist in:
- Costing extras and variations.
- Preparation and issue of variations.
Case Study – our client received a written instruction to carry out additional
supplementary bonding at wash hand basins. Our advice was that this work was not
required by the National Wiring Rules or the Engineer’s Specification and a variation was
Cost of Variation: €630 Engineering Fee: €40
Contract Advice and Contract Administration
We advise our clients on rights, duties and obligations under the various forms of construction contracts.