Explosion Hazard Engineering and AtEx Compliance
Proper implementation of Explosion Hazard Engineering can:
- prevent over-specification and wasted money through improper delineation of hazard zones.
- ensure compliance with EU legislation and best practice.
- lead to a safer plant and operating regime.
Failure to carry out correct Explosion Hazard Engineering can lead to:
- waste of money, time and resources.
- breaches of important safety legislation subject to financial and custodial penalties.
- destruction of plant and equipment and loss of production.
- injury and death.
The law requires that all facilities in which flammables are stored, processed or handled meet certain criteria in terms of:
- worker safety
- risk assessment and area classification.
- documentation to be prepared (in particular, an Explosion Protection Document for each facility or premises).
- installation, operation and maintenance of equipment.
- inspection and verification.
- earthing and equipotential bonding.
The services that we offer (both standalone and in conjunction with partner organisations that offer specific process engineering skills)
- Facility / Process / Operation Review and reduction of the incidence of hazardous areas.
- Area Classification.
- Advice on Equipment Compliance.
- Advice on Training / Operational and Procedural Precautions (including signage, provision of antistatic clothing etc).
- Explosion Protection Document Compilation.
- Verification of overall explosion safety.
Energy Systems Design Ltd.'s specific hazardous area experience includes:
- Area Classification of extensions to Natural Gas Platforms.
- Area Classification of major Toner Manufacturing Facility.
- Participation in area classification of beverage manufacturing installation.
- Verification of equipment compliance in Brewery Installation.
- Verification of equipment compliance in major Beverage Manufacturing Installation.
- Verification of equipment compliance in major Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Plant.
- Verification of equipment compliance in Glue Manufacturing Facility.
- Verification of equipment compliance in major Toner Manufacturing Facility.
- Presentation of training in AtEx Compliance and Electrical Equipment for Hazardous Areas for a variety of Industrial Clients.
- Preparation of Intrinsically Safe System Certificates.
- Verification of Intrinsically Safe System Compliance.